Friday, February 12, 2010

Bergs (Minimodels) Sydney Electric Cars -Decals

As supplied, these models do not have any lettering applied although decals are supplied for various car numbers (Txxxx and Cxxxx), Non-Smoking labels, and "Waratah" emblems, together with a diagram showing the correct placement for various eras of the prototype.

I am putting off the application of decals for now, as the cars will need a spray coat of clear finish afterwards to protect the decals. Because the clear window "glass" has been glued in place, I am reluctant to attempt the decals until I confirm if the window glass can be removed without damaging it or the car body shells.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't worry about the gloss on the decals. They look fine without the gloss.
    I had a few problems with putting the decals on the Clyde cars though. I was applying the decals the same way as I had with the Tulloch and Standard cars, however the decal ink seemed to disappear when the numbers were applied to the cars. I didn't have time to go back to Bergs and see if I could get a spare set so I made up some Clyde numbers using the Tulloch decal sets and they worked fine.
    Berg seems to have used three different methods to produce the decals for the three versions of cars. The Tulloch decals were the easiest decals to apply, whereas the Standard ones were much thinner and would fold easily.

    ReplyDelete